Friday, January 13, 2006

Chasing the Sunshine

Rain, Rain, go away...........

Miserable this morning. I am reminded on days like today how much I love the sunshine and how much I take it for granted. The rain was miserable. I literally left the house this morning feeling as good as a boy can feel. Completely at peace with myself and my world. It's an amazing feeling to know who you are and understand that you are exactly where you are supposed to be.

The it rains. It's dark. It's cold. You still feel like you feel but instead of being able to just fly into the day it seems as if you have to force yourself into it. You literally have to knife your way through in order to get anywhere. Something inside screams "where is the day"? I've been up for several hours now and the day still seems to slip through my fingers. I just can't quite grasp it.

Oh, I know, we need the rain. It just makes me feel........blah.

I cooked a most wonderful dinner last night which always makes me happy. We had terryaki marinated pork tenderloin with a baked potato, grilled asparagus with blasamic vinegar and olive oil and some fine jalapeno cornbread. Yum. That, with a big ole rum drink, made me feel very satisfied.

So my goal today is to find the sunshine within and make the best of it. Life doesn't have to be a Bob Dylan song. It can be about the sunshine - its just that sometimes you have to make your own.

God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home