Wednesday, October 14, 2009

August (not the month, the restaurant!)

For all you jealous people……….last night I had dinner at the John Besh Restaurant August!

Not only was the food amazing, but I had the honor of eating with my most beautiful and charming wife.

And for a boy like me, it just don’t get any better than that!

So just in case your jealousy is rampant right now – I figured that I would include my menu that I “degustated”……….

Organic greens with pumpkin seed brittle, Point Reyes blue cheese and pumpkin seed oil vinaigrette

Sugar and spice duckling with stone ground grits, roasted duck foie gras and candied quince

Père Roux’s banana rum cake with Creole cream-cheese icing


This meal was the bomb – and we had an excellent bottle of Pinot to go with it. But the best part for me was the fact that my beautiful wife decided (quite wisely) to stay awake and talk to me on the ride home so I wouldn’t fall asleep and kill the both of us!

I have lived a most amazing life, in my humble opinion! But the last few years have been truly epic and that is all due to the fact that for the first time, my reality has met my dreams head-on and I get to share all the wonderful things with the woman that I was put on this earth to love.

And truly, truly I say unto you………that is the diggity-bomb!!!

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home