Monday, June 08, 2009

Punk Lives



I went to a rock and roll show in New Orleans last night.

And I do mean a real live rock and roll show.

Not the armchair nostalgia tours that mostly occupy my adventures these days but a real live blast from the past.

A total sonic wall of noise/music that included fights, drug overdoses, puke, slam-dancing, police, bum rushes, tattoed tramps and all the stuff from the old times.....

I went on this odd odyssey with my lawyer and svengali confidant to see none other than the New York Dolls at the House of Blues.

The same New York Dolls that were simultaniously voted the Best New Rock Band of 1973 and the Worst New Rock Band of 1973 by Creem Magazine.

And oh yea, Punk Lives.......it may be wrinkled a bit, but it lives very loudly!

I know this well because my ears really hurt.

We saw the most eclectic crowd of people ever assembled and I jumped and I sweated and I jumped some more and I punched and I kicked and I was glad, for the first time ever, that security always pats you down and confiscates all weapons at the door - otherwise I would have killed someone or gotten cut or shot myself.

But it was nice to remember how it used to be and let yourself go just once more to that raw place where heaven and hell meet in a sonic mass of pure destruction with no meaning other than the celebration of life as it can be.

Yes boys and girls. Life is good. And I am one lucky boy.

But mostly, I'm glad my wife is so hot. And oh yes she is very, VERY HOT.....

Peace.

And long live rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home