Monday, March 08, 2010

Memorialized

I was so very blessed by my mother's memorial service yesterday.

It was a good service - very uplifting.

I was very humbled by the outpouring of love and support I received from everyone.

I am continually amazed at the grace that Little Eddie Rester dishes out without even trying. He preached a beautiful service and the music was quite amazing even if I did pick the songs.

Surrounded by what family I have left and a boatload of wonderful friends, I was lifted up and held firmly.

I'm not sure what I would have done without my beautiful wife. She as so gracious and amazing about everything. I am truly in good hands and my mother was right to know that she needen't worry ever again because I will always be taken care of.

Much better than I probably deserve!

About 20 or so friends took me to the Mahogany Bar afterwards and we told stories of my mother and we laughed and cried a little. But it is exactly what she wanted so there is a sort of heavenly sanction about the whole thing!

Anyway, I am blessed beyond measure and now I have to settle into life without her and my taking care of her. That will become a blessing in time, but for now, I seem to be walking in a fog.

So thanks to all of you that are the lights in that fog for me. I truly don't know how people that don't have so many friends are able to deal with things like this without going crazy.

Maybe they don't.......

I got so many e-mails and phone calls and I just appreciate more than you know everyone reaching out in this time to me. She would have been so very happy to know that many folks thought well of her.

And I know she's in a much better place now, finally able to rest and relax I hope.

My first thought when I got the news was I wonder who greeted her when she crossed over.......so many questions that we'll never know the answers to until it's over - but I am comforted by the promises that all will be well.

So I say unto you - PEACE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home