Monday, July 19, 2010

Movies......




I took two "hot" 11-year olds to the movies on Friday night.

I know, it's quite a thing for us older guys to land such young chicks, but when you've got, you've got it!

Anyway, we went to see the new Disney movie "The Sorcerer's Apprentice".

It got hammered by the critics and didn't do very well at the box office this weekend.

So this post is not about artsy-fartsy movie review shit but all about personal musings for me.

I liked it.

I liked it alot!

It was funny, had some great one-liners, the cast was good, it has the very hot chick from the Matrix (you know, the French lady that played the wife of the Marovingian which the big puffy lips - yummo!)and was very good and light fare for a Friday night.

I had read the reviews before hand and really, don't pay that much attention to them but they were just brutal. They were univerally brutal about the acting, the story, the action, blah, blah, blah.

And here I am, Mr. Middle America, who absolutely enjoyed it!

Plus, the popcorn was hot, the icee was cold and even though I was forced to eat at McDonalds before hand by the "hot" 11-year olds, I had a very lovely evening (especially because my dates refused to sit with me!).

So I just don't understand why these serious movie critics who gush lovingly at "the hurt locker" (which I thought sucked ass) can poke so hard at a movie that obviously is just a fun Disney movie.

It says something about something I reckon!

So go to the movies this week. Take someone you love. Sit together if you want to. Hold hands even!

But above all, don't be so damn serious about everything and just enjoy yourself.

Take your mind off of all the shit that goes on in the world these days and just have a good time!

Jeez.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home