Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Garbage Day

Today is garbage day.

It is an eagerly anticipated day for those of us who live outside of a muncipality where the pick up is more frequent. Today is the day to remember all of the stinky stuff that you stuck in the freezer all week so it won't attract the maggots (like it would if you just put it in the garbage-which makes the stinky stink even more........).

So last night, after a wonderful steak dinner and some medicinal alcohol I thought it would be OK to set it out around 10pm so I wouldn't have to deal with it at dark-thirty this morning.

So I did.

I wrapped it up, tied it off, drug it down - all with the satisfying smile that let me know that I would be ahead of the game today.

On the way back to the house, I made eye contact with the neighborhood dog, "Sugar". So I stopped for a minute and said "Sugar, I want you to keep an eye on my garbage and make sure that no other dogs come up and tear it up tonight - and if you do that, there will be a big ole bone waiting as your reward".

Well Sugar said "No problem Keith, I got your back".

So off to bed I went and slept like a baby.

And as I was pulling out this morning at 6am - there it was - in all it's glory.

GARBAGE - Everywhere..........

No sign of Sugar.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Sugar weighed the benefits of the promised bone against what she had to know was tied up so securely in those garbage bags and the garbage bags won.

So I spent the next 15 minutes picking up the stuff that I had so carefully segreated for the previous week. Yep, there's nothing like getting out of a shower - all squeaky and clean - and then going out and picking up stinking garbage when the temperature is below freezing.

Lesson learned?

For now.

I hope your day got started better than mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home