Thursday, January 19, 2006

Hi, I'm Forest, Forest Gump

I saw Forest Gump at the theater. It was over 10 years ago but I still remember sitting there after the movie was over attempting to contemplate all of the wisdom that I had just witnessed - and as I sit here today, I am still amazed at the simple way the gospel as I understand it was presented.

I'm not even embarassed to say that it was that movie that helped me start to sort out what is important in my life.

There is something amazing about seeing the truth presented in a very entertaining way. At first, I think it was the ingenious way that they sprinkled in historical footage that made it so appealing, but as the movie rambled on, I saw the truth about life and how amazing it was that one true thing can steer the course of our lives.

For Forest it was love - everything else just happened.

And that is my goal and my dream. To live my life so full of love that no matter what happens my course is clear.

How's that for a rudder?

So today, like most days, I ponder - I especially love the ending of the movie when Forest was talking at Jenny's grave:

"Jenny, I don't know if momma was right, or if it was Lieutenant Dan. I don't know if we each have a destiny or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze - but I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time. I miss you Jenny. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away..........."

So on this day - I pray for you to find your destiny and never run from it. Because it very well may be the thing that defines who you are.

God Bless.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Run Forrest, Run! Rings through my head all the time.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home