Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's Time!!! Tales of Disney and Black Friday

Believe it or not, I spent a year at Disney World - up at the crack of dawn and never to bed before the streets rolled up.

OK, it was only 6 days. But it seemed like a year.............

But the point is that we survived. We made it!!!

Not only that - but we agreed that it was amazing because no one got mad, feelings hurt or miscommunicated anything. We had nothing but teamwork and a mutual disgust of Disney food.

Hannah was amazing with her little sister (who can be just a tad "active" at times.........).

We survived the family holiday in the most crowdedest place on earth.

I even survived having to sleep in clothes. Us naked sleepers need to do that when the daughters are in the room, you know - for proprieties sake.

So for the highlights.

Um.

Uh.

Wow.

I love rollercoaster - unfortunately they don't really have any real ones there.

OK, the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom over the castle were amazingly magical - just like the name says. They were truly amazing.

The lights at MGM Studios were equally awe inspiring.

Now I sound like an old Grandpaw - Oh wait, I'm going to be next month................

The two flight simulator rides were GREAT. Especially the Mission to Mars one. That one made me nausiated for two hours!!! Now that's the test of a great experience.

So yea, the rides weren't so great. But they weren't bad either. I guess they're just Disney safe for all ages.

Not my style.

I guess I'll just leave the entire experience where I started with it - in amazement that it went so well and be very happy for that.

And now you're probably wondering what in the hell the picture at the beginning of this post is about. Well.....................

Yea, so we traveled home on Thanksgiving day, not in order to miss a high caloric meal with family, no-no-no, we're both all about the high caloric meal, it was so we could be home in time for my wife and her oldest shopper buddy to get up hours before the crack of dawn and be out the door long before that crack ever thought about showin up and start shopping.

Many stores opened at 4am. WTF???

This is madness - and yet I can't argue with the success of it. My wife bought everyone in the known world a Christmas present before 2pm that afternoon. She even had to come home and unload the car to make room for more presents.

They were delirious - giggling at things not funny. Eyes glazed over and looking for something that only they knew where it was. I swear they could see elves and fairies from another dimension without even focusing.

An amazing thing to witness. I am in awe.

I ventured out, once, to Best Buy to check on a camera I wanted and got in the claustrophobic crush and ran back out the door and to my car where I was safely back, sandwiched in traffic in my own space.

I quickly retreated back home and hit out until later.

How, oh how could these crowds in Hattiesburg, MS be worse than in Disney Freakin' World?

Now don't get me wrong. I think that the ability to go out and basically finish your Christmas shopping on a single day is amazing. I think that certainly the retailers set the day up to entice people to do just that with all the sales.

But jeeeeezzzzzzuuuuuusssssss - it's crazy. And it's certainly not for me. I'm more of the Christmas Eve shopper guy.

I am glad there are women in the world that can do this. Just like bearing children, I don't think that Black Friday Christmas Shopping is a man's thing. We're just not psychologically enabled to do this.

Or maybe it's learned behavior.

I have no idea.

All I know is that it came and now it's over.

Hell, I don't even know where she hid the stuff.

Anyway, glad to be back.

I love each and everyone of you. Expect you Sid, you're a little creepy.

Peace.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud you for not mentioning your loves mishap off the roller coaster. I will have to let her know you were a good boy. Glad ya'll are home. AJ

3:02 PM  
Blogger Sid said...

And some people spent the night waiting in line for some stores to open!!!!!!! WTF!!!!?????

The stores will be okay if we all sleep in. Am I right? I mean, before seasonal shopping madness disorder was common, there was commerce and capitalism and common sense all at the same time.... At least, I think I remember it that way...

Maybe I should have my therapist up the dosage?

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you all had a wonderful time.

I look forward to the day after Thanksgiving so I can sleep late! That shopping thing is for the birds. Love ya.

12:26 PM  
Blogger BeckEye said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Did you go on the Rock'N Roller Coaster?

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home