Monday, November 05, 2007

Almost Done...............



Any prayers for graduation will be accepted by this blog. If you are uncomfortable with prayer - donations would be greatly appreciated!

I wonder if he worries about what he will be doing this time next year? I wonder if the thought of the future weighs on his mind?

I remember what it was like when I finished college. How uncertain everything was. How would I define myself? What would my vocation be?

I wanted all of those questions answered. And that is NOT the right way to think of that. Life should come at you and decisions should be made, not in advance, but in reaction to the place where you find yourself.

My father went all over the world and did all kinds of things, with no security anywhere - therefore, I have had the same job my entire adult life. Oh, I'm not complaining, it's a great job. And it's a job that I created and nurtured and molded into what I wanted it to be.

But I wonder what it would have been like if I had just taken a chance and followed my dreams.

Not sure if I even remember what those dreams were back then - but I do ask myself from time to time "what if".

Those questions are hard for me because for the first time in my life, I am exactly where I want to be and with whom I want to be.

And those two things may actually be one in the same!

So I pray for my son. I pray that he finds, not success - but happiness.

Be happy son, in whatever you do - but more importantly, in WHO you do. Never settle for less than you want. For down that path is disappointment. Strive for what you truly desire and let the chips fall where they may.

Find your vision quest and go.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home