Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tuck Fulane



Homecoming is Saturday!!! And we'll be playing our former nemisis Tulane who since the realignment of our shitty little conference isn't our nemisis anymore even though they're only 100 miles down the road.

I still have memories of the first game in 1979 where we were literally cheated out of a win at our own stadium and the referees almost got killed in the riot that ensued.

And even though I have "matured", or should I say "slowed down" or "evolved" beyond the sort of stuff that happened during the celebrated homecoming shenanigans of my first 20 years post-graduation, I must admit that I still look forward to seeing everyone and dipping my wick back in the bucket.

I am very sad that we don't play the old alumni/active fraternity football anymore on Sunday morning - and even though it's been 10 years since we did, I can still remember the week at work afterwards when I was too sore and hungover to even move..........

Ah, the memories of a frat boy!

So I hope to see you there, I'll be the loud, obnoxious one with the party hat on!

Peace.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous sw said...

Now you know you have never been loud and obnoxious!! A bunch of old Phi Mus are coming this weekend and I'm excited. We will be the loud ones too!

I remember that Tulane game our freshman year. We were robbed!!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home