Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grits and Grace

As I was walking up the road to the house I noticed someone sitting on the porch.

The closer I got I realized it was God.

“Come on up and sit with me and I’ll tell you what I brought you”, he said.

I walked up the steps to the porch, took a seat in the rocker and said, “You brought me something.

What is it, God?”

He replied, “I brought you some Grace”.

“Oh God, you know I don’t deserve any Grace today”.

He says, “I know you don’t, but I love you so much and I wanted to bless you, my child”.

The Greek word for Grace is “favor”. Grace is God’s favor given to us when we need it most and perhaps least deserve it.

There is a story about a northerner who stopped for breakfast in a country restaurant in Georgia.

He ordered eggs, sausage and toast. When his plate arrived he noticed a pile of white stuff. “What’s this?” he asked.

“Why sir, them is grits”. “But, I didn’t order them”, he protested. “Oh, you don’t order grits they just come,” the waitress responded.

We don't order grace......it just comes!

So enjoy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get hit by grace every morning. With my girls. (and I don't mean that in a "SW" snarky way, I mean that in a "hallejuah" way)
Tina

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home