Saturday, December 04, 2010

Diner for 8!

We had a little dinner party at my house last night with some friends and I've got to say that is was just short of fabulous!

Here's what we had:


Appetizer Course

Cheese Platter (Gouda, Cheddar, Provolone)
Brie with Kahlua Pecan Glaze

served with blanc de blancs champagne


Salad Course

Iceberg Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese and Grape Tomatoes
Blue Cheese Dressing

served with cakebread chardonnay


Main Course

Lebanese Herbed Lamb Kabobs with Mint Sauce and Mint Jelly Glaze
Marinated Beef Kabobs
Grilled Onions and Peppers
Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
Grilled Corn with Chipotle Chili Butter
Grilled Pineapple with Brown Sugar
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate Seeds, Almonds and Molasses
Honey Buttered Sweet Bread

served with la crema pinot noir


Desert Course

Rasberry and Blueberry Cobbler with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream


Now I've got to also say that the "hit" of the party was the brussels sprouts with the pomegranate seeds......it was the shiznitz! My wife, well, let's just say that's all she ate and she ate a bunch of it!!

I did burn the bread........to the point where it set off all the fire alarms in the house and boy was that loud! I guess that I will never out grow burning the bread!

Anyway, a good time was had by all. And even though I continually get into trouble because I spend all my time cooking and don't eat......I'll keep doing that because that's what I enjoy. If I have a dinner party, I want everyone to wake up the next morning and say "wow".

And I'm sure they did that this morning!!

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home