Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hug Your Children!



Last night, we cooked dinner for our friends (and brand new parents) Eric and Laura.

Oh My God!! That 5 day old baby, Ms. Eva Katherine was scrump-de-li-icous!!

And watching my wife hold that baby and seeing the look on her face was simply amazing.

What is it about babies that are magic?

They smell different too so is that part of it?

I have no idea, but I can tell you that it is a miracle. An absolute miracle when a child is born.

I can't remotely fathom how this can happen.

And looking at the Postsecret I put on this post I can certainly understand how a person would lose all kinds of faith in everything with the death of a child.

So I say unto thee......Hug your children! Hold them in your arms and in your heart.

Realize the miracle that you have helped create and recognize that you are part of that miracle.

People who lose themselves in the busyness of their lives are missing out on one of the most fundamental joys of life.

Those that complain about how much time their children take up are not seeing the world as it was meant to be seen.

There will be time for life later.......now, let's just spend our gifts of time and money on our children.

If everyone did that, don't you think the world would be a better place!!

Peace/Selah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home