Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Baby Boy!

Here is my sweet grandson - less than a day old being held by my amazingly wonderful wife who takes my breath away.........



Here is my sweet grandson who just turned 3 years old and his crotchety old, old Papa who likes to eat nails and scream at people........



So the moral of the story??

The moral is that "everyone" always says time flies........and I guess it does although my strickly logical brain realizes that each minute has 60 seconds, each hour has 40 minutes, each day has 24 hours, etc......

But our "perception" of the passage of time certainly changes as we age.

Used to, "in olden days", it would take YEARS to get to Christmas break when you were in elementary school.

Now it's like "wow, it's here already......seems like we just finished last year's"!

And in this corner of the "my how time flies" category is the fact that my beautiful baby boy is now 3 years old!

Seems like just yesterday he was born and now here we are having a little celebration for him last night in honor of the completion of his third year.

And OMG, he was very happy.

He got a big Tonka dump truck and 5 other pieces of "earth moving and road building" equipment. Plus a bike.

A very cool bike which he couldn't figure out for the life of him how to make it work!! I'm sure that will come in a very short amount of time.

Now I can't wait for year 4 - I'm sure that whatever it brings will be interesting as well.

Life is like that.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home