Saturday, January 21, 2006

What, Me Worry?

Worry never robs tomorrow of it's sorrow, it only saps today of its joy...........

I believe that we have the ability to choose our destiny. Some will argue that point with me but I truly believe that we can choose to be happy or sad.

There are certainly things that happen in our lives that predispose us towards a certain point of view. I have seen life be so unfair that it just beats you into submission.

But that is where faith comes is.

As long as we have faith in something bigger than us we can muddle our way through the bullshit that life throws at us every now and then.

We are so very busy at work. I am having people quit each day because things are so hard and as the boss it is up to me to formulate the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. And you know what? I can actually see it. Instead of getting bogged down in the mess we have, I am actively working towards fixing it and I can see that what I am doing is going to work. Now all I have to do is to "sell" it to my employees long enough for them to buy into the vision.

And that is just how life works.

If we allow today's circumstances to dictate how we see the rest of our lives then we are truly lost. There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't have to be a train.

This is why I feel so very sorry for people that don't have faith. They rely on thier own thoughts and hopes and dreams and disappointments to be the guideposts in their lives. How that must harden their hearts.

One thing I have learned over and over is that if you depend on your fellow man you will be disappointed more often than you are satisfied.

So today, I thank my God for being there for me and I am so happy that I can see the promise that if I do, every minute of every day, what my heart tells me to do and to be fair to others even if it inconveniences me, that I will be rewarded when I lay down to sleep tonight.

So I say: Don't worry - be happy. It is your choice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got your vision. Yeah, they seem to be droppin' like flies. But I tolds 'em after the "Big Blow" that everybody wasn't gonna make it. And sho nuff, the casualties have started.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home