Monday, October 20, 2008

My Ass Hurts

620 miles from my house to Daytona Beach, FL

My ass took it like a champ.

200 assorted miles for the two days putting around Daytona.

My ass started aching and therefore it took it not quite as enthusiasticly as the rest of me did.

620 miles back from Daytona Beach, FL to my house in Hattiesburg, MS................................

My ass pained me before I even climbed aboard to come home.

Now I realize that it had been a good 2 years since I've been on a motorcycle trip and that it would be hard on me. I was worried about my back giving out. But that little yellow devil of a doctor did some amazing surgery on my back and it didn't give me one minute of trouble.

But oh my aching ass!!

New bike (for me)
Hard seat (for me)
Fat ass (for me)

All of these things combined to give me an ass-ache of biblical proportions.

Plus the fact that I look like "Larry the Lobster" from the sunburn my head took from riding all those days in the sunshine with no protection on it..............

Oh the joy!!! This is what it means to pay for play for us old guys.

But it was a good trip. It felt like home to be back on a bike putting miles and miles under my belt.

I missed my family so very much which made the "renegade throw caution to the wind biker dude" in me wonder if I had finally lost it.

But once again it all worked out.

My wife missed me. She told me on several occasions so I know it was true and not just the wine talking!

And I was so very happy to get back home. Even when I got there and realized that I didn't bring my keys with me so I was locked out of my house.

But eventually I was rescued by my wonderful step-daughter so all is well that ends well. At least itr was after I took a long, hot shower.

But my ass still hurt.

Even on the couch, my ass hurt.

Even laying in bed, my ass hurt.

Today at work, sitting in my chair, my ass hurts.

So I'd ask that you change your prayers from those of safety on the road for me to healing for my ACHING ASS.

Peace..............

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I always knew you were a pain in my ass, but I still hope your ass pain goes away. I'm glad you had a great boys trip.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

I've got an ass-ache this big and it's got Execedrin written all over it.

Well, it would, but an ass that big will take a lot of paint to write Execedrin.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Before you mentioned the motorcycle, I wondered 'why would he go there on his ass, he's got legs ain't he?'.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home