Monday, October 13, 2008

Daytona Beach Boogie

Well, on Thursday I am mounting my Harley Davidson with a bag packed on the back and heading south for about 600 miles all the way to Daytona Beach, FL.

Wanta go with me?

Well you can't - it's a boy trip and besides, there is no room on the bike for you!

I'm excited and a little nervous even though I've taken this trip at least 10 times in my life. This will be the first time I have done this since my back surgery. And I'm praying that my back will be up for it.

Riding long distances is great for clearing your head and allowing you time to think important thoughts. But it's also very physically challenging. As a matter of fact, it's just plain hard.

But I think I'm ready. And if you think of it, sometime on Thursday, please say a little prayer for me because that stuff really works.

I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.

PEACE!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Have fun and BE CAREFUL! :)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Sid said...

So, you have a new bike?

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be saying a prayer for you (and your wife)!!

I didn't know you had the Harley back after the crash?? Or is this another one?

I don't want to go all the way to Daytona, but I would like a ride sometime! See ya Tina

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home