Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Love Life

I am a very fortunate man.

I love my life. I love my wife. I love my children. I love my step-children. I love my church. I love my friends. I love my employees. I even love my job.

Hell, I'm just full of love.

And I have been reminded lately of how blessed my life has pretty much always been.

This facebook thing is crazy. And by crazy I mean that it has brought back memories that are still there but rarely thought of. Memories of friends and great times growing up. Memories of awkward situations that are very funny looking back.

This Friday night I'm going to my friend Chris Bowen's house and we're having a bon fire. We cook lots of food and invite 50 or so very old friends to get together and just do what we did in high school.

And it's a blast. We try to do this about 4 times a year and I find myself looking forward to it with much enthusiasm.

There is something comforting about it that I can't get anywhere else.

Plus, the real bonus factor is that I get to introduce my wife to all my old friends.

Now those of you that really know me know that my wife is the cornerstone of my life. She has my heart and I am so very proud to have her by my side. As a matter of fact, I have to pinch myself from time to time to realize that it's real. She is amazing and I feel like such a sucess when I can "show her off".

Her social skills are second to none plus the fact that all my boy friends want to do her, well, it just makes me so happy.

And I'm sure that some of this is that I'm getting older. 48 this year. Way, way past half time.

I'm at the point where the aches and pains are serious now. The deficiencies are real and the spots are all cancerous. The sun is not my friend anymore. Neither is fried chicken!!!

So being able to actively remember times when I was not only indestructable, but was quite the package is very much fun for me.

So if you're not busy on Friday - come on by the Bowen house and enjoy a little blast from the past.

Keg parties still rock!!!

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home