Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Laborious Labor Day

I love those three day federal holiday weekends.

But they never seem to last long enough!

Cooked Sunday afternoon for my family and a big chunk of my wife's family. I think we ended up counting 25......but some ate so much we'll just round it off to me cooking for 30!

I fried catfish, french fries, tater tots, hush puppies and okra. Along with a big tray of beans and cole slaw with a pecan pie and banana cream pie for desert......well, let's just say it was a food encounter of the fried kind.

Plus they drank two gallons of tea and two cases of beer!

So a good time was had by all.

Then, for Labor Day itself, I did three racks of ribs, some chicken legs and some good Cascio's sausage and some boudin.

But that was truly all for me.

And it was very good.

I hope all of you had a great weekend - but I'll bet that you were also like me in thinking that the weekend ended way too soon.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home