Monday, September 20, 2010

Birthday Weekend!



Wow, I love it when my wife has a birthday.

It ALWAYS becomes a celebration that exceeds whatever expectations we may have had before it gets started.

I love, love, love her birthdays!!

It started with a Saturday trip to Mobile where we checked into the Renaissance Riverview Hotel right there on the bay....a corner room, no less.......and, well, we did the birthday thing....over and over!

Then after a hot, soapy bath, we headed out for birthday dinner with friends at Ruth's Chris Steak House where we had the most amazing meal.

It would be very hard to describe how wonderful this food was, but oh it was so wonderful!!

The birthday girl started with a chopped salad which was quite possibly the most amazing salad I have ever seen in my life. Every component was chopped up the same size (small) and formed by a mold of somekind into a very cool presentation. Then came her "osso bucco ravioli"......OH MY GOD, that was an amazing dish....

I got a wedge salad with blue cheese, a filet mignon, rare and we had several side dishes such as creamed spinach and lyonaise potatoes...and I'm not sure what else because honestly, at that point I was in heaven!

It was quite simply just amazing. Again, words fail me as to how good this meal was! We also had a very nice bottle of Spanish Rioja that I ordered which made everything go down just fine as well!

And after all that goodness......we decided that we needed an after dinner drink which was called a "Chrissy". It consisted of Haagen Danz Ice Cream, vodka, frangelica and who knows what else. All I know is that is was "Oh My God Delicious"!

After all that, to say the least, we were extrememly FULL. So it was nite-nite time!

We got up Sunday morning and worshipped in the birthday kind of way and then went shopping. Lots of shopping. We both had a great time and bought enough to fill up the SUV so I guess it was a successful shopping trip to say the least!

Then we got home in time to go eat dinner at Eric and Laura's. Eric, who treats Paige like his step-mother just had to go out and cook her a meal for her birthday and it was also amazing!!

We had prime rib (pictured above in all it's glory!), grilled asparagus, amazing risotto, green beans and lastly, the best pound cake I've ever tasted with homemade whipped cream and maserated strawberry compote.....yum!

So we ate enough over the course of this birthday where I can tell you that we don't need to eat another bite for the rest of this week (but I bet we do!!).

And if you haven't had an opportunity to say happy birthday to my beautiful wife yet, please take the time to do so because she's quite a remarkable woman and I love her with all my heart!

Peace, I'm outta here!!!

KK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home