Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Work Of Art

We are all artists.

I know, I can hear what some will say - I can't sing. I can't play an instrument. I can't write poetry. I can't draw. I can't paint. I can't, I can't, I can't.

But within each of us lives an artist. We all are born with the ability to express the inexpressible. Without a brush we can depict life with bright colors. Without a knife we can sculp the magic of being. Without a scale we can create music for ourselves and those around us. Without the slightest bit of rhythm we can engage in the dance of life.

When we are born, we are each given the tools to create a life of beauty. Unfortunately these same tools can be used to perpetuate ugliness and destruction. But hopefully, at some point in our life, we will be touched by someone in such a way that we choose to represent beauty and be given the grace to reflect that back towards the other people that share our lives.

Works of art may fade with the passage of time but a life of love lasts forever.

Peace

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the words that I believe should define a church is Catalyst. In other words churches that do what churches should catalyze people into what God has created them to be. They will find their gifts. They will find their talents and their passions.
Problem: There just aren't many churches that are actually doing that.

but that's just my opinion and what do I know. I'm just a preacher that doesn't even have a church.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home