Wednesday, March 22, 2006

If Reality TV Is At The Door, Don't Answer It!

I was doing a little male-oriented channel surfing last night and came across yet another reality television show called "The Housewives of Orange County" or something like that.

Very bizarre.

And yet I watched. Which says something about someone, I guess..............

I am constantly amazed at what they put on television. This show was about some rich people and what they do. I don't guess it's much different that what lots of us do on a daily basis, but the thought of people with cameras following you around daily has to make you go "why me"?

Have you ever considered what it would look like if there were cameras around to record your day?

Frightening thought, isn't it?

Get up, hock a loogey, pee, fart, make all kinds of disgusting noises as you try to clear your head from the previous day's accumulations. Shower, drink coffee, say the dumbest things, beat the dog, get in your car and go to work.

What would that look like on television?

Then as you interacted with your children and they recorded all the nasty things you say about other people.

I can't stop wondering what it would be like to see yourself "cartoonized". Where no one really knows you and can only judge you by the things you say and do.

So today, I am vowing to never ever answer the door if the reality t.v. people show up and knock.

I just don't want to see it.

I guess if I need my fix of other's misery, I'll just channel surf later tonight. I'm sure there will be something on.

Peace.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case anyone else should read this (hello, ER)...I did not watch Housewives nor did I encourage the watching of this...but I know why it was watched. I saw the scantily clad previews myself.

1:11 PM  
Blogger KK said...

Bada Bing???

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't this from the guy that picked the winner on "Project Runway"????

And, I've run across the Orange County show. You have to be impressed with a middle aged mom who's excited she's a MILF to her son's friends.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home