Monday, March 06, 2006

Time Waits For No One

Another great weekend. A boy could get used to this!!!

Friday night was spent in Baton Rouge where we went with my cousins and some of thier friends to Tigertown - a very devoluted series of college bars by LSU. We went to hear a band that they are friends with.

Now I love live music and attend often. But it has been a while since I have been in the college environment.

Wow.

Like the Eagles said: You can never go back!

I guess when you have kids in college, college kids look like, well, kids. I'm sure I looked like a kid in college - when I was in college. But I felt like an "old guy" on Friday night.

It was funny to watch them work. To try to pick up girls. To try to be "cool". All of those rights of passage that we have been through with for forever and day.

The music was OK. But the scene was something straight out of my memory. But for once, I was just an observer instead of a participant.

I did enjoy watching my lady dance some. She is amazing. White girls shouldn't have that much rhythm. I also notice several of the college boys looking at her, which always makes me proud.

Anyway, before the lights came on and the "pairing up" started, we cut out.

I was dismayed to see that it was 2am.

So yea, I got up at first light as usual. Isn't it amazing how no matter what time I go to bed, that I wake up when the sun comes up? I hate that. I used to could sleep till noon. Oh well. I guess that's the price of awareness!!! So I go to the grocery store and buy stuff for breakfast. I have to fix a big breakfast in Baton Rouge. I did eggs with caramelized ham, creole sauce and green chili cheese grits. Oh yea, and don't forget the cheese and onion buns that were toasted to perfection.

It wasn't long before everyone was up and eating.

Then we took our leave - but before we left town I wanted to take my fair lady to the Whole Foods Market so she could experience that unique grocery store. It was amazing. I watched her walk around as if she didn't know where to start! We spent over an hour just looking in there but we had to leave before I had to get a loan to pay for what we picked up!

We got home in time to get ready to go out to the pig pickin' we were having out in the country. A small intimate affair for about 60 people. The pig came out of the ground about 4pm and everyone ate and ate and ate.

It was a good crowd and I got to do my favorite thing - watch my lady work. She's amazingly funny in a crowd. Well actually, she's amazingly funny with just the two of us - but I do so like to watch her work.

And Sunday was a day of rest and relaxation. Or at least it was supposed to be. I ended up rushing here and there trying to take care of stuff. It got done. But it was more rushed than relaxed. There is a lesson in there for me. I am paying attention, too.

But anyway, it was a good weekend and I am somewhat refreshed. I live, I love, and I am happy - what more can I ask for?

Bike Week in Daytona right now. I'm planning on going sometime this week. Hopefully I'll have some stories from there for next week. But until then -

God Bless.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. You realize that you can't leave for Daytona until thursday, right? The show for your people has its big finale on Wednesday night.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home