Monday, July 10, 2006

Blues - We Don't Need No Stinkin' Blues......

Along this lonely path I tread
My heart betrays my weary head
With nothing but my love to save
From the cradle to the grave………………

The blues is the soundtrack of my life. I hear it. I feel it. I have lived it. And yet, at this point in my life where I have nothing to be blue about, it is still there as a constant reminder of how things could be if it weren’t for the fact that my life rocks!

So today I am thankful for what I have and what I see and what I feel and what I do.

And how amazing is being thankful?

It surely is a lot better than being sad about how things should have been. Isn’t it?

So find some joy today. Realize what really matters and be thankful.

Here is what brings me joy -

Looking over at the one I love and realizing that I receive so much more than I deserve and so much more than I ever thought was possible.

Realizing that my children have turned out just fine and that no matter what they face in life they will have the base to deal with it.

Dogs are unconditional - even if they are stupid.

Church is great when the preacher means it.

Friends are amazing in that they are always there when you need them.

Work is nothing more than work - it doesn't have to define me yet I can use it to be a better person to all those around me.

Parents are a blessing.

Having stuff is great but being able to lie down beside a girl and hold her, and have her hold you back, is the most amazing thing that they never told you about when you were growing up.

New friends can be as cool as old friends.

That to truly let go of all your "stuff" is the only true sign of maturity.

To walk on the beach at night and hold hands with your girl is the best thing to do on vacation.

So this week I am going to celebrate life and love and try to remind all of those that are important to me that life is wonderful - so let's look on the bright side.

God Bless.

July 12 is my favorite day in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home