Monday, July 03, 2006

Firecracker Firecracker Boom Boom Boom

Happy Independence Day, Ya’ll.

I am guilty. You are guilty, too. We take so many things for granted in our country. We take our freedoms for granted. We take our judicial system for granted. We get mad about how things don’t work like we think they are supposed to.

We are spoiled rotten.

I try to have a world-view of things. I see how things work in other places before I am so quick to condemn things around here.

My father was a career soldier. He loved that stuff. Not so much for the ideals, it was just the stuff he loved. And I understand that. I’m just not like that. But I respect those that are. I just hate it that we send these brave people all over the world for no apparent reason and have them die being policemen in places where we are not welcome.

I am disgusted by our political system which is not about doing the right thing and looking out for the common good - it seems to be about grabbing all you can get and forming “alliances” with the devil to promote your own self interests.

The Republican Party, “the grand old party”, has taken this to an art form. It’s going to bite them in the butt, real darned soon.

And by the way, Karl Rove is the most evil man alive today.

George Bush seems like such a nice and likable fellow. But when you elect the “C” student this is what you get. You get reliance on people that may not have the common good in mind. Little George went back into his daddy’s closet and got some old clothes – and the men that were wearing them.

So just like that, we stepped back 20 years in philosophy and in ideals.

I guess we’re really going to win the cold war…………..finally. Of course, we’re the only one still fighting it.

So I guess what I am saying is that this is still a government by the people and for the people and if you have any ideals left in you, please go out and vote for someone that has never held office. Let’s give the new people a chance.

Let the rallying cry be “Remember Tom Delay”.

But let us not forget what a remarkable country we live in. Let us rejoice that we have the freedoms to do such stupid things. Let us be happy the New York Times can spill the beans on top secret programs and open debate about whether it’s a good thing or not.

I, for one, plan to eat some bbq, bust open a watermelon and hoist some Miller High Life in grateful appreciation of all of these things.
Come join me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

*stands and applauds*

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home