Monday, July 03, 2006

Monday, Monday

It’s Monday July 3 and here I sit at work. All my employees are PISSED that we are having to work today.

But like I tell them, “Hey, I’m just your boss – my boss decides when all of us work – so get off my back”!

So we sit here and do our thing while we imagine the others out there getting their grills all cleaned up and ready to fire up tomorrow.

I can do that tonight.

The year is half over and it seems to have just flown by. Maybe it’s just my perception – but then again, isn’t your perception your reality?
Yea.

So as I look towards the second half of the year the biggest thing I am looking forward to is the mediation of the temperature. It seems like it has been over 100 degrees for months now. I can’t wait for fall and a bit of coolness in the air. Football season. Kids in school. Summer is great – but I’m ready for fall. I want to go back to the beach and I just hate the beach in the summertime because it’s so damn hot!

July should be a good month. I’ve got a trip planned at the end of the month to take my lady to go see her REAL boyfriend Tim McGraw in Nashville. I guess, to be fair, I should say that his wife Faith is going to be there too – which sweetens the deal considerably for me………….

But I do loving going places. Especially if we can go on the motorcycle. I’ll have to check her temperature on that as it gets closer. There’s nothing quite as wonderful as chewing up the miles on a bike with a beautiful woman holding you tight. Nope, that’s about as good as it gets.

As I was driving to work early this morning I was somewhat giggling at my CD changer and the strange compilation of CD’s that were inside of it. I guess “eclectic” is the best word but here’s the list:

CD1: Dwight Yokum – Guitars, Cadillac’s, Etc.
CD2: Miles Davis – Kind of Blue
CD3: REM - Green
CD4: Bob Dylan – Highway 61 Revisited
CD5: Pearl Jam - Vitology
CD6: Dixie Chicks – The new one……..

If I died in a car crash and they were trying to figure out what I liked, they would be very confused.

Luckily, I’m a good driver so I hope that doesn’t happen anytime soon.

So happy Independence Day to all – and let’s remember what Saint John and Saint Paul once said – “All You Need Is Love”.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger haahnster said...

Of that list, I do not have CD1.

CD2, CD3, CD4 & CD5 are classics (Note: I only have the Miles Davis album on vinyl, not CD.)

CD6 is one that I think is destined to be a classic. Very strong effort by the Chicks!

I like your selections!

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home