Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday Morning Musing Club

Love is not a vague feeling or an abstract idea. When you love someone you want what is best for them. You want them to have so much more than you have ever wanted for yourself.

So if we take the love of Christ seriously, then we will work towards what is best for others. We will seek to bind the wounds that society inflicts on each of us. We will attempt to bring about healing, no matter what the cost.

Sometimes love bites you in the ass. But if the love is true, the bite fades quickly and a lesson is learned.

So today I give thanks for love and grace, the two most important components in my life and I pray for the strength to show those things in abundance to everyone else.

Especially to those that matter most.

Lord, make me an instrument of your love. Where there is hatred, let me give love and where there is doubt, let me show hope. Where there is sadness let me spread joy and where there is darkness, let me find the light switch.

I ask not to be consoled but to console. I ask not to be understood but to understand. For it is truly in the giving that we receive.

I understand – let me follow through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home