Monday, September 25, 2006

Second Sunday

It’s Monday – again and again.

Life is a constant stream of time and consciousness and yet we try to impose our own order on things and break it up into units that we can understand and control.

And Monday is the kingpin of that control mechanism.

And today it’s just killin’ me.

I didn’t get enough rest this weekend. And I am longing for another Sunday right now so I can vegetate and recharge my batteries.

So I would like to start a petition and get them to nullify Mondays and give us a Second Sunday each week. We may have to start off with only every other week or so until society accepts this change in paradigm.

I know, the argument here is that then Tuesday will become the new Monday. But I’m thinking that with the advent of the Second Sunday that we will all be rested enough so that the rigors that we now experience on Mondays will be gone forever and we will live in peace and harmony.

That’s my story – and I’m stickin’ to it.

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

I'll second that!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you wrote this last week, but I am so with you today. This Monday is SUCH a Monday that I can't even explain it. The week really DOES have to get better, or I'm officially hiding under the bed. And it's scary under there.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home