Thursday, September 14, 2006

Useless Meanderings

It’s been crazy around here. Absolutely, positively crazy.

Was it always like this?

Does work have to pile on you until it feels like you’re being crushed?

Why can’t the lottery numbers come up?

All the wailing and gnashing of teeth – I love it!

I haven’t had much time to post anything lately, which is closely related to the craziness mentioned above. So I had a minute, and I thought I would just start and see if something comes.

I think life is better like that.

If you plan too much, you’ll just end up disappointed and there will be more wailing and gnashing of teeth!

My dog, you know, the one that got shot, is healing nicely. At least the huge hole in her leg is. She won’t use the leg at all. I don’t know if it’s because the muscle is healing and it just hurt or because it was rendered useless by the asshole that shot her.

Time will tell.

As it does with all things.

Looking forward to the fall weather as I mentioned in my last post. It’s been a little cooler this week and I have to admit that getting up in the mornings has been more fun since I don’t start sweating right away.

And for me, Fall just rocks.

I actually went and sat in the football stadium last weekend. Haven’t done that in sooooo long. I always go to the games but I never leave the tailgate area since all the food and alcohol is there. Why go in the stadium when you can sit there and drink and eat while listening to the game on the radio?

Yea, I catch shit about that all the time – but now my girl actually likes football, so in a march back towards my youth, I’ll be spending more and more time in the stadium.

And we actually played pretty good this week so it may not be so bad to be inside.

I got a free education thanks to the athletic department at the University of Southern Mississippi so I guess I actually owe it to them to go in and watch. Especially since all my athletic stuff has finally healed!

Oh the randomness of my thoughts is disturbing sometimes…………

So, next Tuesday is my girl’s birthday.

Love, love, love birthdays. Especially hers. We’re going out Friday night to hear a friend's band play and then as soon as I can pry her from the dance floor I am driving directly to the beach and the friendly confines of a condo for the weekend. Just the two of us. No kids, no dogs, no phones.

Yep, I’m a lucky boy.

And I sleep really good!!!

So as I sit here, still listening to Bob Dylan’s new CD, I am still amazed at how good it is. He recorded it live in the studio, no mixing or over-production. Just a boy and his band. I guess Bob will probably be the most debated and talked about musician of our generation. I love him, I have 30 of his albums but I have no idea what he’s about. He is a walking-talking contradiction if I have ever seen one.

His relevance is not what it once was when the entire world hung on his every word and he was saddled with the mantle of being an entire generation’s savior and leader – a place he did not want nor did he accept it – but he is still so very cool that I still feel like I have spying on greatness each time I listen to him.

I’ve got some concerts coming up that I’m pretty excited about. Going to see Bonnie Raitt on the 26th and Delbert McClinton on the 29th. The Red Hot Chili Peppers at Voodoo Fest in New Orleans follow closely behind that.

Church is going well. Our new pastor, my friend Little Eddie is doing a marvelous job and I am very excited about the prospects in the future.

OK, I’m starting to feel like I am doing one of those Christmas Letters that irritating cousins send once a year to keep everyone up on what’s going on so I’m just going to say stop.

So stop I will.

I hope everyone is happy.

I sure am.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

Still, you owed us one!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home