Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ghosts, Goblins and Chili Peppers

Haven’t been a very good blogger this week, but I’ve been sick as hell.

Love this weather as it changes almost daily from freezing to ninety degrees. Oh well, that’s the price way pay for living so close to the Gulf of Mexico.

We’re far enough down that we get hit by the “troughs” coming down from Canada but as soon as they push through, the temperate weather returns. Which is great normally because we can wear shorts at Christmas but it plays hell with the sinuses as joints (and this I have noticed only after getting OLDER).

But anyway, enough on the weather.

This past weekend was the Voodoo Fest in New Orleans. Me, my girl and 130,000 other hearty souls in a muddy, port-o-let infested city park. The herbs were wonderful and the music was amazing. Saw several bands but was mainly there for the head-liners, The Red Hot Chili Peppers – and they were actually Red Hot (as usual). Very good band live. Very, very good.

And at the end the Meters joined them on stage for a jam session. If you don’t know who the Funky Meters are – then shame on you. They are one of the oldest bands in New Orleans and are populated by some Neville Brothers and other assorted legends and play a very swampy set of funk/blues music or as we call it, just plain old “New Orleans Gumbo” music.

And beside it being Halloween, which is the second most visited time for New Orleans next to Mardi Gras, it was a great time. Too many people in New Orleans means no where to park – which is a huge problem which I remedied with a hundred dollar bill to a guy that was cooking at the Hard Rock – but that’s another story………….

Had Sunday brunch at the Court of Two Sisters which was fabulous, even for a tourist trap like that. The turtle soup was especially good along with the eggs benedict.

Then there was the Halloween experience Tuesday night. My girl had invited about 150 kids to her house to use as a base for the Halloween Trick or Treating ritual. Well, actually, I think it was only about 15 kids, but it sure seemed like 150. Anyway, I cooked hot dogs for all and a big pot of homemade soup and other assorted goodies and it was all consumed and I am happy to report that not too much was spilled on the carpet from all the little ghosts and goblins.

I had the opportunity to “inspect” several of the bags of loot and appropriated what I considered to be my fair share.

So in hopes that I will be inspired to write something more later, I’ll let this go and absolve my blog-guilt.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, appropriating candy and spending $100 for parking. Come here on St. Patrick's day and I'll take yer hunnert!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home