Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Major Ramblings (no cohesive thoughts possible)

Well, I’m still chewing on my new role as a father-in-law and a grandpa-to-be.

Is it the possibility of darkness that makes the day seem so bright???

I’m still dealing with the death of my beloved uncle as well. That’s still a shock each time I think of it. Although my aunt called me yesterday to tell me that when they wrote the huge funeral up in the paper, they said that “Reverend” Keith Kennedy got up to speak at the funeral. She told me that I’ve been called lots of things in my life and that was probably the nicest – even though it was WAY off base.

I may be a holy man – but I’m no "Reverend". Haven’t got the heart for it. Instead of comforting the hurt, I’d be telling them to snap out of it and get on with life……..

Mr. Compassion, that’s not my name either.

But enough of that – there are too many other wonderful things in life to worry about what is missing.

The bestest thing in my life is that I love my wife and no matter what comes my way, I will greet it with the confidence that only comes from a man being in a place where he is happy and comfortable.

I am a man that knows who I am and am exactly where I want to be:

The blood that flows through you
Flows through me……
When I look in the mirror
It’s your face that I see…….

Take my hand,
Lean on me,
We’re almost free………

So, yea, I’m a little philosophical and a little poetic.

So sue me!

I am having moderate to severe motorcycle withdrawals. I know that we, as humans, are not supposed to be too connected to our material possessions – but jeez. I want to ride!

I sometimes lay in bed at night and think of riding in the wind with my girl hanging on to me. I miss that so much.

But alas, other things call for now. My lovely bride has begged me to borrow someone’s bike and go SOMEWHERE. She thinks I’m going to explode.

Speaking of exploding, she’s had a migraine for about 3 good days – and still last night, she went with me to watch the Saints in New Orleans on a very rainy Monday Night Football Game.

By the end of the game, I felt like I had a migraine – but it was only the pain associated with being a Saints fan………………….

Long night.

But everyone got home and got to bed and all was well this morning. Except for my love’s bruised head!

So love like you’re going to die tomorrow and worry not for yesterday nor fear for the future – because you’re time is now.

Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

You are being too modest. The gang at church are always refers to you as
"Mr. Compassionate."

A typical exchange on Wednesday night:

A- Have you seen Keith?
B- Which "Keith" are you talking about?
A- Mr. Compassionate?
B- Oh, I think I saw him and Paige in the breezeway.

Accept your gift, Keith. You are Mr. Compassionate. It could be your stage name for cowboy shooting. "Compassionate Cowboy" or maybe "Wyatt Flirt" or "The Cowboy formerly known as Mr. Compassionate" or "Snuggly Bear - the Native American who will keep you warm in his teepee". Just some thoughts you can work with.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home