Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Happy October!

The month dawned clear and cool.

Lows in the 50's and highs in the 80's. Humidity has run away to the ocean for a change.

Fall is here and I must say that it is welcomed with open arms.

We went to the beach this weekend and it was glorious weather.

Like my baby said, "If you can't find God here, then there's just something wrong with you"!

So here's hoping to a fizzled out hurricane season. Two more months to go but I'm-a-hopin' that whatever may come will go somewhere else.

We've got another stupid Wednesday night football game. Last week it was Thursday. Seems like we prostitute ourselves for the cameras so often these days. College football should be played on Saturday.

I think that's in the bible somewhere...............

Oh well, it just means the food at the tailgating won't be so good because everyone (like me) is at work today and can't pamper the creative chef genes - but I'm sure we'll eat anyway!

We finally got the concrete for the new porch poured last week so we now have concrete ALL the way across the back of the house. That's gonna be a hell of a party pad! Next comes the hard part. We'll well how that goes. I hope to keep my religion about me while all that is going on.

I almost lost it on the concrete.

And speaking of the other birthday things, my sweet woman gets her new eyes next Monday. A little Lasik is a wonderful thing. Nothing like a laser beam into your brain to make the day go by!

I wonder if they'll use the lasers on the shark heads or if Austin Powers really blew all of them up?

And speaking finally of my lovely wife.............I sure do love her. She's more beautiful than a sunrise on the open prarie or the first glance of home after a long trip. Her voice is the sound the angels make and her laugh would melt a heart of stone.

There - just so there's no misconception about me being the luckiest boy in the world.

Good luck to you too - and while we're a talkin' about good luck, here's to hoping the lottery number hits tonight!

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home