Monday, October 15, 2007

Lucky Boy

I had a marvelous weekend – again.

Imagine that!

We had homecoming this weekend at the college and many, many old friends came to celebrate life. Or at least we were celebrating something!

I spend most of the day Saturday with my buds and my most wonderful trophy wife - and it was amazing. As usual.

Nothing like good friends and a hot woman to make a boy smile………………

And I even went in the stadium for the first time in recent memory. We sat in the upper deck and watched all the ants play football. Temp was in the 60’s and it was just perfect football weather.

Apparently, the football team agreed since we won 28-7. Of course, we were playing SMU and it’s been since 1983 when they were given the “death penalty” by the NCAA that they were very good – but hey, neither was Rice and they beat us the week before!

A win’s a win. I think someone very profound said that one time.

I did take a moment to be thankful during this time. I stopped and looked around and realized, yet again, how very fortunate I am to be in my shoes. I live a very blessed life and try to give thanks for that as often as possible.

Speaking of giving thanks – I took food to two different tailgate places and both were pretty darned good.

The first was some curried beef short ribs. OMG, those were pretty tasty. The other place had a Mexican theme and I made a tamale pie – which is just a big pan of meat with onions, peppers, beans and corn topped with a Mexican cornbread and 2,645,752 jalepeno peppers.

So to say the least, we ate and ate and ate. I think I broke my record Saturday with 14 deviled eggs consumed.

And as I sat in a lounge chair looking at my lovely bride – all I could do was to sit there and think “Wow – imagine my surprise when you loved me back”.

Yep, I am one lucky boy.

And I’m sure that everyone has wondered how her eye surgery went and whether or not she would remain with me when she could finally see everything clearly.

Well I’m happy to report that she now has 20/20 vision in one eye and 20/15 in the other and she is still faithfully at my side.

So as I plow forward into this week – I am doing so with a big ole smile on my face!!!

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Deviled eggs are food of the gods.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd hate to be around you the next day after eating 14 deviled eggs. Phew!! Tina

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home