Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dinner Party

I love my wife.

For those of you that have to endure me on a regular basis, well, it's safe to say that each of you is painfully aware of that.

Not only do I love her, I regularly worship the ground she walks on.

And love is amazing in that it works like peanut butter and you can smooth it over all kinds of rough spots and it's still smooth as it can be on the top.

I love that about love.

My wife and I are as different as night and day over the course of many different subjects and applications of life and that's just fine with me. Because I love her, she can believe or do whatever she wants and all I have to do is love her.

But every once in a while, the rubber meets the road (so to speak).

And we've got one of those thing this Friday night.

We're having a little dinner party for the church staff. I think we've got 16 coming for dinner and other assorted goodies and I'm really looking forward to it.

This is the kind of stuff that I was born to do and do it as easily as others people get dressed. And not only is it easy for me, I actually love it and look forward to it.

Now my beautiful and wonderful wife, she love it as well. It's just that, well, uh, oh.......let's just say that she STRESSES FREAKIN' OUT.

She wants everything to be perfect and me saying that it will be fine just don't cut it.

So we will clean. And by we, I really mean her. And "we" will make it as good as it can get. And all will go well and when it's over "we" will hug and be so happy at how well it went.

But until that time, don't you dare come to my house because it will be clean and you just won't be allowed in!!!

So it should be a blast. And it will be clean and everything will be perfect and hopefully all of her stress will be gone when the last floor is cleaned.



Here's the menu for those of you standing out in the front yard looking in the window wishing you could come inside.

Appetizers:

Cheese platter including all kinds of yummy exotic stuff including some cream cheese with hot pepper jelly.

Honey Dew and Cantalope melon wrapped with proscutto - yum!

Assorted finger foods TBA

Drinks:

Pitcheres of cosmopolitans and sangria with beer and wine for those who can't handle the fancy stuff.

Dinner:

Teriyaki Chicken Shish-K-Bobs with big ole hunks of chicken and veggies grilled hot on the big green egg.

Pineapple and roasted pepper basmati rice pilaf

Asparagus grilled with balsamic and salt

Angel Hair Slaw with oriental dressing

Bread

Dessert:

Some two kinds of yummy stuff that my wife is making and I don't remember what they are but I know that they will be good because she is the queen of dessert.

So please pray for me in the next few days.

Peace

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least I know the food will be good since that menu is familiar. I'd watch out for that little preacher boy and the crazy Asian lady. Other that that, you'll be fine.

4:07 PM  
Blogger The Preacher Boy's Wife said...

I told Preacher Boy this morning how excited I was about tonight. After reading the menu, I've started a countdown on my iphone...9 hours and 8 minutes to go!! Wooo Hooo!

9:55 AM  
Blogger iaminvincibleiamtired said...

I was there! Everything was amazing! Don't worry Keith, it's normal for us girls to stress over the house when company is coming over. I feel blessed to have such wonderful friends as Keith and Paige. We were the last ones to leave, and in those last few moments before leaving some things were revealed to me that left me feeling much better. Thanks for sharing, for honesty, for hospitality, and for the friendship! I love you guys!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home