Thursday, November 06, 2008

West Wing and Red Boots

OK, OK, I get it.

Nobody likes the idea of me getting red boots.

But I thought maybe this topic would get my beautiful wife to finally comment on my blog.

Alas. No, no, no. No on all counts!

So what do y'all think - Will Keith be more or less likely to get the red boots since everyone else doesn't think he should..................???

Yea, I thought so! Red boots here I come.

And speaking of West Wing - did you see where Rahm Emmanuel, the Congressman from Illinois took the Chief of Staff Job from Obama? This is the guy that the Josh Lyman character on my favorite show ever "The West Wing" was based on.

That's pretty damned cool.

Plus his brother Ari was the inspriation for the Ari Gold character on "Entourage".

Now how many families get two television characters based on them?

These guys are some tough jews and they'll hit you in the mouth.

I see where our President-Elect is busy appointing Republicans to his transition team. More great stuff that the Republican Committee has no idea what to say about it.

I have a feeling when we get a true sense of bipartisanship, we're going to be at that place where the Republicans have the opportunity to undo all the evil that has occurred in the past 14 years or they will reject it and continue along the us vs. them trail that has led us to where we are in the world today.

Sure, the Russians hate us. How would we feel if they came over to Ontario, Canada and put in a bank of 280 missles pointed at us and called it a "shield" to protect the arctic circle.

So many of our decisions in the international realm have brought us to the place where we have no respect from anyone. Some of that has always been jealousy - but some of it is just plain stupidity on our part.

I think Obama is going to keep Robert Gates as the Secretary of Defense. That would be a good thing. I wonder if Colin Powell would consider coming back as Secretary of State?

Yep, these are exciting times.

I hope you're excited too.

Peace

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just like a man; do something because somebody said don't.

I like Josh's character on West Wing too. I didn't watch it while it was on NBC, but I started when it was in re-runs. It was back on Bravo the other day. I wonder if it was just because of the election. If we could only have a president like Jed Bartlett... sorry, I'm not saying another word.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

"Sure, the Russians hate us. How would we feel if they came over to Ontario, Canada and put in a bank of 280 missles pointed at us and called it a "shield" to protect the arctic circle."

How do you point an ABM at a ground target? Further, how much of a threat to a city is an ABM warhead containing only a couple pounds of RDX and some wound-wire pre-fragmented shrapnel?

Inquiring minds, and all...

(I'd have no problem with the Russians deploying defensive missiles. The faster ICBMs are rendered obsolete, the better a place the world will be.)

9:09 AM  
Blogger KK said...

Tam, I understand your point of view and I love your blog.

And as a fellow gun nut I'm always busy praying to God and passing the ammunition.

But I've never been one that believes that the evil empire is going to grab our guns - they damn sure won't get our down here in the deep south.........

But I do think our place in the world is very diminished and I blame the cold war attitude that has been propagated.

So I have hope, that an "A" student can do better than the "C" student did as president!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I saw your wife today and she was dissing the red boots. Now that I've seen the picture, I kinda like them. Go for it!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Someone just told me about the basis for the characters, very interesting. Be sure to post your red boots photos for us to judge :-)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, honey, here it is.

Red boots = sleeping on the sofa

It's your call.

P.S. Julie- I'm done with you!

11:59 AM  
Blogger KK said...

WOW -after two world wars, several genocides of indiginous peoples and a moon landing my wife has commented on my blog.

Which means, for those of you that don't know how this works, that this subject is now closed and I have NO permission to get those red boots.

No matter how cool I would look wearing them!!!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home