Monday, December 08, 2008

Christmas Trees, Curtains and Bears, Oh My!

Yep, it was time for the Christmas Tree Ritual.

Of course, the problem with that is that there is really no Christmas Tree Ritual to begin with.

I mean, we've had a few years of practice but nothing that I would consider to be a tradition or ritual.

Then we've got the new house.

With the new floors.

The floors that are prayed over and cleaned and swept with much love and vigor. Lots and lots of vigor!

So it was decided that we would just have a fake tree.

Yep, a Plastic Christmas.

But if we're going to do that, by God, we're gonna have a nice plastic tree.

And I don't know if you have looked at those things lately - but they're real damned expensive!!!

So we decided we would use Hannah's boyfriend's tree from his apartment this year and buy one of the $Elventy Hundred Dollar ones in the 90% After Christmas Sales Event.

And as for now, it's sitting skinny and forlorn in our living room. All it needs is lots of love and some lights and shit and it will be ready to go!

I mean, seriously, all you need is a present recepticle, right? I was all for using the dining room table with a small tree on the table - but I didn't really get any response when I suggested that other than step-children looking at me with those eyes that emplored me to shut the hell up.

But at least we have a decision and we're moving onward toward Christmas now and that's all I really care about.

That and the fact that my long-suffering son is going to graduate in 4 days from college. Wow. That make me really, REALLY happy!!!

So after the tree decision, we got up Saturday morning with the intent to go and find some curtains for our living room so all the crooks couldn't look in the bare windown that measures more than a tractor-trailer rig and see all of our goodies at Christmastime.

And find some we did.

We got to JC Penney's and found literally hundreds of draperies to look at. And look at them we did. And we did what every rich american family would do - we bought several of them and tried them out and took the ones we didn't like as much back!!!

We also lucked up and found some we bought for the living room - well, we didn't like them so much in the living room but they went PERFECTLY in the dining room. Who'd'a figured?

So now my beautiful wife wants curtains in every room because we had so much fun picking out these..................

But I'm thinking not.

We'll see.

All I know is that I am very happy to be where I am right now. I love my life. I love, love, love my wife.

Yep, I'm very glad to be in my right now place. I hope you are too.

So remember: Don't look back it won't do any good/Don't look ahead you'll be misunderstood/Everything you need could be right in front of you..............

Words to live by.

Peace!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

I guess if you're going to curtainize the whole place, I'll have to move my spying somewhere else!

Peace!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home