Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Ode To The One I Love

My life is a wonderful world where all I have ever desired is at my fingertips.

Where the bittersweet taste of life is always on my lips and the cool promise of ecstasy fills the air around me.

My life allows me to never worry about whatever happens in my day-to-day business because that is not what defines me.

Because at the end of my working day, she is there and she is the one that gives me the best things in my life. She is my definition of happiness.

And truly, each day, as the evening sky turns from blue to black, my dream awaits me.

I am always amazed that the sea of fools that populate our lives seem to go around so bilssfully unaware that they are graced by her presence. She never would understand that kind of thinking.

But I understand.

I have always understood.

So last night I prayed for divine guidance from God above for the words to adequately express how I love her so and what she means to me.

I prayed for enlightenment so I can make that love leap from my heart to her soul in a way that she would understand.

For me, I see the truth of my life in the moments when her eyes meet mine. In those still, small times when all other distractions are gone.

In those moments I am truly lifted up beyond where I deserve to be.

In those moments I am present in a place where I never even dared to dream I could be.

And yet there I am, basking in a glow so warm that it takes my breath away.

And somehow, deep inside of me, I understand that I am in a place where only the most fortunate of God's Children are allowed to be.

And in that place, nothing can hide the truth of the beauty that I experience there.

Neither age nor infirmity can claim what is true because time allows all good things to grow - the best things are always allowed to grow if they are true.

And in those times when I can look back and catch her smile, I can see my forever in that smile.

Forever is a wonderful place.

So I pray that I will be blessed to find the right words to let her know how much she means to me.

But more than that.............I pray that she will always let me show her, not only what love means, but what love does.

For that is the true measure of our lives.

And I love her so very much....................

Thank you for being mine and believing in something so rare.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, wonderful, blah, luckiest, blah, blah, fools, blah, blah, blah.....

10:56 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I hope you showed her this or wrote it to her or just said it. Love is an almighty thing!

5:35 AM  
Blogger KK said...

I'd be willing to bet she never ever sees this.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home