Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Poem by Dr. Phillip Kolin

One of our local english professors at the university, who just happens to be in love with the most amazingly wonderful church secretary in the world, wrote a poem for us to use in our Easter Service yesterday.

It was narrated by several wonderful voice from our congreation to the backdrop of a beautiful slide presentation.

It was incredibly wonderful and a most excellent way to open a most excellent service that was full, full, full of people.

Sorry if you missed it but here's the poem:


Let my words unlock your hearts today
They are the keys to set you free
As you see my light warming the day
Listen to hear your shackles falling off.

I am the Resurrection and the Light.

I am come to bring you
From death to life
From darkness to light
From winter to spring
From the stain of sinful ashes
To the dazzling white of Easter rise
From the loud decibels of doubt and disappointment
To the warm promises I whisper in your hearts

I am the Resurrections and the Light.

I come to bring you out
From all the tombs you hide in
Those lofty mausoleums to your pride
And those shallow graves that say
You are too lowly, not worthy enough
To those unmarked plots that tell you
Just let things be; nestle with your complacency.

I am the Resurrection and the Light

I have come to set you free
You are mine; I call you by name.
Can you hear me in the sunlight
And in the prisms of radiant light
Sending my love messages to you right now.
I have saved you to be loved
Smile and pray; they are the same today.
Share in my joy, in the celebration of life
That lasts an eternity all day long.

I am the Resurrection and the Light.

Come into my Easter time
The time that never fades, fails, or folds
The time that seals you free in redemption.
Come now and listen to the voices
I heard on that first Easter Sabbath and s till hear today.
My love for you is a parable of your life perfected in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home