Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Truth Eternal

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things we needs to believe in the most.

That people are basically good.

That honor, courage, and virtue mean everything.

That power and money mean nothing.

That good always triumphs over evil.

And the most important thing is that love.............true love ............never dies.

In the end it really doesn't matter if things are "technically" true.

Unless of course you are a Pharisee.

Which unfortunately is probably the vast majority of humanity!

Because sometimes you should simply believe in things just because those are the things worth believing in.

I belive in the things I mentioned above.

I believe in them through and through.

And here is the important part:

My belief is so strong that it manifests itself as faith.



I get in trouble sometimes for my rose-colored glasses..........but those rose-colored glasses are simply the way I see things.

Bad things will have to find me before I will worry about them because I will not cut my joy of living short by worrying about what may happen.

I will believe in the premise that good will triumph and people will always do the right thing.

I want to always be surprised and upset when people don't take the high road.

But I realize that life has a way of making us too busy to worry about the "philosophical" things, but I also realize that the most important things in our life are of a "philosophical" nature.

So, as usual, we have to choose. Yes, we have a choice how we view life.

Obviously the actual events of our life are important - but I will maintain to my dying breath that it is how we VIEW and PERCIEVE the events of our life that matter much more than the events themselves.

Now the place where the rubber meets the road is that place where our noble intentions become actions.

Where we move beyond the mere ponderance of our ideals to the application of those ideals in our own lives.

And that is where we should all strive to be...............at the very place where we live our lives as we believe they should be lived.

I want to be better than I am.

I, quite simply and with all the honesty I can muster, believe in myself.

Therefore I should be able to live my life according to my faith.

I pray that I have enough time on this rock to make it so.

I know and understand the example that has been set for me.

The example is not ambiguous nor is it confusing in any way.

The example is what we are celebrating this week.

For myself, well, I have truly experienced the unconditional nature of Truth in my life and have found it to be the most amazing thing I have ever been a part of.

My Truth is that I love with an intensity that simply boggles my schoolboy mind.

The Truth of that amazing love manifests itself inside of my servant's heart.

Some of you may have noticed that from time to time...................and I will never apologize for any of that nor for the fact that the sun rises and sets upon the beautiful brow of my beloved wife.

I want all the good things that life has to offer for myself and for those that I love. But even beyond all that...........I want those things for all of us.

Even you Sid.

So this week, as those of us who call ourselves Christians contemplate the glorious nature of Easter - let's not get caught up in the "facts".

Let's not get caught up in the "evidence" that may or may not exist about a historical figure.

Instead, let us all promise and vow to keep our eye on the most important thing - which is that we are all called to love one another and look out for each other and most of all - Dear Lord - most of all...............to sacrifice of ourselves so that our world can be a better place.

Peace.

Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I wish I could not worry and just be surprised when people don't take the high road. I'm just too cynical these days...it's almost like I expect people to screw me and then I'm surprised when they actually do take the high road. Unfortunate.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home