Thursday, April 02, 2009

Ouch!

OK, so I did survive the needles in my spine. No big deal.

Well, except for the part where there was so much scar tissued that it kept bending needles. I think the final count on needles bent was 4.

So I got 8 puncture wounds in my lower back.

The doctor would say, "OK, here's a little stick and burn" - which is code for this is gonna hurt like hell and if you move even a little I may pierce your spinal column and render you paralyzed for the rest of your life.

So I was really still.....................

But it got over fairly quickly and all was well with the world.

So today I'm still feeling it in my back. Kind of like I've been in a fight and lost.

But the shots worked because some of the constant pain is gone.

Only for a while - but it's gone for now.

So thanks for your prayers for those of you that did that for me and I say "ha-ha" to those of you that hoped I would get paralyzed!!!

You know who you are.

And here's hoping that your todays will always be better than your yesterdays.

If you happen to see my daughter today, tell her "happy birthday" because she's finally 21.

Peace

2 Comments:

Anonymous sw said...

Good thing you didn't move. There's a lot of code in the me medical world and that is exactly what "there's going to be a little stick" means.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Glad you got some relief.

Cannot believe your baby is 21! I remember her in pigtails sitting with me for children's time. Gosh!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home