Wednesday, April 22, 2009

When I'm Gone

When I come to the end of my journey

And I travel my last weary mile,

Just forget if you can,

That I ever frowned

And remember only the smile.

Forget unkind words I have spoken;

Remember some good I have done,

Forget that I ever had heartache

And remember I've had loads of fun.

Forget that I have stumbled and blundered,

And sometimes fell by the way.

Remember I have fought some hard battles

And won, ere the close of the day.

Then forget to grieve for my going,

I would not have you sad for one day,

But in summer just gather some flowers

And remember the place where I lay,

And come in the evening

When the sun paints the sky in the west

Stand for a few moments beside me

And remember only my best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home