Friday, March 26, 2010

MOM




It's been 3 weeks since she's been gone and I haven't quite gotten used to the idea yet.

Paige told me last night that when she was shopping in Louisiana yesterday, that she kept looking for things for her. I do the same thing. I guess it's just habit.

Last Saturday, my beautiful wife and I went and scattered her ashes on my father's grave - well, half of them anyway.....the other half I put on her parents grave (my wife's great idea!!)

So I guess everything is done now with the exception of a headstone in the family cemetary. I guess even though you're not buried there, it's always good to mark your passage through this world for those that follow.

I still haven't really shed a tear over all this. Which is kind of my nature, but I'm still assuming that sooner or later it's going to hit me. Hard.

I guess I'll just have to wait.

And I have no idea where that will come. But I'll keep my eye out for it.....

I wanted to share what my friend and pastor, Little Eddie read at her memorial service because it was what she asked to have read. And I thought it was perfect - so I'm reminding everyone that this needs to be read at mine, when (and if)I go.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep,
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on the snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain,
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of qutet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft stars that shine at night,
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die....

Rest in Peace Mom, you deserve it more than anyone else I know.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home