Thursday, May 06, 2010

Heart Like A Hammer

So I go last week to get a bunch of heart tests done.

Echocardiogram
Nuclear Stress Test
Cat Scan Imaginging
24 hour strapped to a holter montior test

Then my doctor calls me and says they are going to put me on some heart medicine.

Just a light one to help regulate my heart a little better. He says that it will probably take over a month to get an appointment to see a heart doctor.

Then he calls yesterday and tells me that I need to go today to see one - at noon....

Which to me says that there were no appointments and the guy is going to see me his freaking lunch break.

This getting older shit is for the birds!

Should be an interesting day, to say the least......

I have no idea what could be wrong but since heart issues were a huge problem for both of my parents and most of my uncles I can safely assume that heredity is playing a huge role in all this.

The real problem for me is that I feel so good.

I realize that heart problems are mostly gradual so maybe you don't notice them.

Maybe I feel good because I'm so happy and this is the only way I know to feel.

Who knows, but I believe in me and whatever it is that this old doctor fellow is going to tell me will be just fine because I can handle whatever comes my way.

It's how I grew up. When faced with a challenge, I rush to meet it head on.

So please pray for my wife. She's the worrier in the family.....

But if you want to pray for my heart - please feel free to do so!

PEACE

1 Comments:

Anonymous sw said...

I will pray. Let me know what the doc says. It's on both sides of my family too, so I feel your non-existent pain. love ya.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home