Monday, April 12, 2010

Great Weekend!

One of the best things about my life is that I am so very happy.

I'm happy with my life as it is.

I used to spend so much time wishing my life was something other than it was - and now I find myself at a place where I just love it how it is.

And that makes me a very lucky boy!

We started out on Friday at a birthday party for a little girl. Not something I would normally like to do but I went with my wife because, well, I like going with her......

We went to the "Rootbeer Saloon" just down from our house on Hwy 589.

The proprietor cooked burgers and there was karyoke for the kids - and that was very, very funny if you haven't seen it before!

But I also just had to bring some drinks for the adults - so we snuck out to the side of the road by the highway - way away from the kids and the "saloon" and were enjoying a few adult beverages......when the crochety owner came over and said "is yall dranking alcohol"?

To which a replied, "un huh, a little"!

He then told us he didn't allow that and to get off his property!!

So yea, my weekend started off by getting thrown out of a little kid birthday party.

Then Saturday, I had breakfast with a fraternity brother of mine who was down from Kentucky for a thing at USM - which is always a good thing. I love catching up with folks I haven't seen in 30 years.

And then I got to go out with my wife to the Bottling Company that evening to listen to a band from Laurel.

I, of course, invited a bunch of folks and several of them came and we had a great time! So good that we even did the drunken midnight run through the Krystal - just as if we were still in college!!

We had good church Sunday morning, although my 7am arrival time there for rehersal was WAY TOO EARLY after my Saturday night. Bad Sunday to be singing, but oh well....

Then, I had several things I wanted to do Sunday afternoon......but all I did was lay in bed, nap and watch bad TV all afternoon and evening.

It was wonderful!

I don't think I would make a good lazy person, but it sure is fun to act like it sometimes!

And as I woke up this morning and rolled over and kissed my beautiful wife, I reflected on not only my weekend, but my entire life as I now live it.......

So in my mind, it was not only a great weekend, it was simply a micro-cosmn of my life in general.

Yea, I'm a lucky boy.....

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home