Monday, April 26, 2010

Napa Valley, Mississippi

The annual wine expo was put on this Friday night by the folks at the Purple Parrot.

It was downtown at the JDS Community Center - a place of many dances during those awkward teen years!

This time, it wasn't so awkward because it was a blast.

I still have to wonder how in the hell we pull this off in Hattiesburg, MS.

I get to talk in depth with vinters from Germany, Austrailia, California, Chile, Argentina and the list goes on and on.

And they all end up in Hattiesburg.

Wow, that's just so cool on so many levels for me.

Robert St. John took all of them to lunch on Friday to Leatha's BBQ and most of them couldn't stop talking about how amazing that meal was. I sometimes forget the power of food - especially regional food that you really can't get in other places very often.

I wonder how a place like Leatha's would fare in the middle of Nappa Valley?

I wonder what kind of wine goes best with beef ribs and chitterlings?

So my cousin's beautiful wife came to visit us so she could go with Paige to the wine thing - and they had a blast. I love seeing my wife having fun and I'm so happy that Steffie came and made that experience fun for my wife.

I turned them loose amongst the crowd and they, of course, found a cute little vinter boy to "adopt". By the end of the evening - the boy had no idea what had just occurred. His head was spinning from all the attention!

The wine expo is a circuit of some sorts. It goes to New Orleans, then to Hattiesburg, then to Jackson and then ends up in Destin. That would be a most amazing week for the wine reps.

Actually, I think starting in New Orleans and finishing in Destin would be great no matter what the reason was!

Anyway, it was a great time and we had so much fun. I think Paige posted pictures of her and Steffie with the shell-shocked boy at the wine expo on facebook, so amble over there and check it out!

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home