Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hung Out And Hung Over

"If my thought-dreams could be seen - they'd probably put my head in a guillotine"
bob dylan "It's All Right Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) 1963

I have a hangover today. I feel like shit. My head hurts, my clothes don't fit and I don't think puppies are cute. My employees have shut their doors.

I knew it was coming, or at least I should have. I couldn't sleep last night so I watched t.v. Had some rum punch. It was good. I had some more. I went to bed way too late and got up way too early.

So I sit here wanting to murder someone.

Of course, I won't. I love everybody it's just that sometimes I need to be alone in my head when I feel bad. Which brings me back to the Bob Dylan lyrics at the top of top of the page. Have you ever wondered what it would be like if everyone knew what you were thinking?

I ponder this today because when I came in my office this morning, everyone looked at me and said "oh no". They just knew - as if they could read my mind.

I realize that our thoughts are sometimes written all over us and as adults, we have to try to mask that with a calm exterior - but it just can't be done with a hangover. The face muscles just won't cooperate.

So even though I was "busted" on my hangover - I silently rejoice that they really don't know what I am REALLY thinking.

Thank God for small favors.

I hope your day is better than mine. I'm going back to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home