Monday, February 13, 2006

Turning The Paige

I'm the giver. I give to show my appreciation. I give to express my feelings. I give to set the order of things - one adores, one is adored.

It's how things work - right?

Well this boy has put his hands in his pockets for now, in order to accept instead of give.

Now this may not seem like a big deal, but it really is.

This wonderful lady that I love notified me on February 1, 2006 that she was declaring this to be the "14 days of St. Valentines". And as such, I have received gifts each day that express her own unique ability to always get me the right thing.

To be perfectly honest, I am a little overwhelmed.

But I vowed to myself that I was going to allow her to do this for me and I was in no way going to try to "compete" or respond in any way other than with grateful appreciation for all the time she spends doing these wonderful things for me.

I have never in my life felt so loved and cherished. For a "hopeless romantic" like me, it's a little, well, overwhelming.............

But tomorrow is the big day. Tomorrow I can give her something.

What she doesn't realize is that if I had the world in my hand, and gave it to her - it still wouldn't be enough to express my feelings for her.

So Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours. And I pray that at some point in your life - hopefully when you can fully appreciate it - that you find someone that will redefine the very way you see yourself and can experience the most magical of the promises that life holds for each and every one of us.

Pay attention - today may be your day.

Peace

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering how long it would take you to do the page/Paige thing. Cool. You are punny.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home