Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Learning Life - One Day At A Time

We are confined in our understanding of other human beings by what we know about ourselves.

How's that for perspective?

We can only see others as they run through the filter of our own expectations.

This is truly one of my favorite subjects in the world because I live with this every day. Each of us "expects" things from those in our lives and our satisfaction with those people relates to how well they meet our expectations.

I have always been one of those that pays attention to life. Maybe not learning from things I see but certainly actively involved in the observation. It's my favorite sport!

So many things in life are inevitable (he says as he prepares to file taxes). Death and taxes, right?

Experience with death has taught me that nothing is forever. If there is something you want to say to someone, please say it now. Say it loud.

If you love someone (I love you Paige, OH MY GOD DO I LOVE YOU) tell them. If you are proud of your children, tell them.

If your boss is an asshole, you may want to keep that to yourself until you make sure your lottery ticket is a winner.

I never fear loss because all I can do is what I am called to do and if loss is involved in that, well there's not much I can do.

What I came to fear in my own life was a willingness to accept what life gave me instead of striving for what I wanted in life.

So it may seem like I am speaking from a place a little too high up there, but the truth is that I dwelled in the valley far too long.

And I made it. I reached for the stars and pulled one down. And it only took me 43 years to do it.

From the day we are born, we are given a life to be lived and the potential for the love to live it with. We really don't get a second chance for that stuff so I would encourage each person to grab all of it they can.

My hands are full.

I'm so happy.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home