Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Back In The Saddle

Wow, it’s already Wednesday. So here's all the news that is news!

Amazing thing this time concept. Funny, how it just seems to slip away – hey, maybe there’s a song in there…………

Anyway, Monday was wild. I had a six-inch needle inserted into my spine to shoot some happy juice into a disc or two. That’s an amazing thing to have done. They put me on an x-ray table in this operating room and I get to watch on the monitor as the doctor guides this needle into me. The best part is that he gets to bend the needle around my spine. He says it took 12 years of school to learn how to do that. I'm glad I'm not in a teaching hospial so the residents can learn on me!

I guess that pretty much radiates me for a while, you know, being on the x-ray table, but oh well, it couldn’t be as bad as drinking the water from the tap!

I think it hurts but they give you a little somethin’-somethin’ to make you not care. Unfortunately it wears off way too soon. Then I am left with a squishy feeling in my lower back for the rest of the day. I have to stay still for about 8 hours until the medicine does its thing.

And BAM, just like that, my back doesn’t hurt so much for 5 or 6 weeks.

At least that’s the plan. It hurts still on Wednesday – but I’m hopeful that by Friday I’ll be doing handsprings.

But since it’s Wednesday, it’s time for Project Runway on BRAVO at 9pm tonight. So we’re having a little party to watch all the gay boys and frilly girls stab each other with pins. I really do love this show.

Got to watch my girl mow the yard last night because she was worried about my back. I really don’t like that. Boys are supposed to mow the yard. Is that sexist? Who cares. I’m bigger than her and I should have to do that.

Reminder to self: Talk tough to her and make her understand that is MY job.

Reality check: Yea, right…….I’m not telling her anything like that because even though she weighs half of what I do, she can still kick my ass.

Anyway, in order to head that off at the pass I called my son over to mow last night. As soon as I told her that she got out and got started mowing right away. So as my large, manly son drove up, I saw him look at her mowing and look at me as if to say “what do I do now”. So in order to save him any possible embarrassment I rushed outside to head him off at the pass.

She’s a very determined girl. And she mowed the lawn very well. Us boys watched.

Anyway, that’s done.

So here’s to swimmin’ with bow legged women.

Peace be unto-ya.

1 Comments:

Blogger haahnster said...

Wow, that back treatment seems a bit frightening.

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future, while ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Time has come today, and I got the time tick-tick-tickin' in my head.

Sure seems like there's at least one song in there, doesn't it?

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home