Saturday, July 15, 2006

Thai Food Rocks!

Wow.

I cooked a four course thai meal last night for my girl's b(r)est friend's birthday last night and it just rocked.

Spicy Lemongrass and coconut soup
Ground chicken salad
Red Curried Beef over rice
Peanut Chicken over rice noodles
And don't forget the caramel tort. I didn't do that - the bakery did - but OH MY GOD!

Food plays such a huge part in our southern culture and I am so very happy to be a part of that tradition. My earliest memories of gatherings all include food.

We do the big stuff down here real good. We can do whole cows and hogs and boil sacks of crawfish or tubs of shrimp. Shoot, my big gumbo pot holds 30 gallons!

And when you get your friends and family gathered around, get the wine/beer/liquor flowing, well, there's nothing left to do but have fun. And fun enough for stories to be told later!!!

Isn't that right you soup nazi???

So anyway, today I celebrate friends and all other things dear to me.

Try it sometimes, I think you'll agree.

Have a great weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

I made some Thai Phad about a month ago-yummmmmmmm!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home